Here Comes The Bride and Kitty Trouble

Another successful day of scrapbooking in the works today. I'd really like to finish my wedding album before "The Big Move" next week (I can't believe it's coming up so soon!). I'm finished with the pages that cover the ceremony portion of the day, and I'm in the process of phasing into the reception.

I thought today I'd share with you my "Here Comes the Bride" spread.


The embellishments are from Stampin Up!'s "Pretties Kit", shown here:

 
Some close-ups of each page:
 



To create the worn, "antiquey" paper look, I tore scraps of tan paper, scrunched them up into a ball and straightened them out SEVERAL TIMES, and lightly brushed some brown stamping ink over the edges and a few other areas too look like water stains.

I don't tend to do a ton of journaling in my scrapbooks, just because when I go back and read them to myself I think they sound kind of cheesy. But I thought that while the memory of our wedding was still pretty fresh in my head (we just got married this past October), I'd write down what I was thinking right before I walked down the aisle.


 
Now, I have a self-confession to make. It's a little embarassing but I can't help it.
 
I am CRAZY cat lady.

There, I said it. You all know now.

My husband and I have two adorable, lovable, kissable kittens (well, they're about 1 and a half now, but I still think of them as kittens) and they keep us entertained day in and day out. They are both orange Tabby cats, brother and sister, whom we adopted through the Humane Society last December, and we love them so so so so SOOOOOOOOOO much. However, they are INSANE.

Case in point:

The other day, our female cat, Pippi (the male's name is Cheeto), decided she wanted to sleep in the garbage can in our guest room/craft room. Which would be funny enough on its own. But to make matters worse (or better), the garbage can was FILLED TO THE BRIM with scrapbooking garbage. So what does she do? Tips the whole thing over, takes ALL of the garbage out, and then proceeds to crawl inside and sleep in it.




She's just too darn adorable to get mad at though. :-) I just let her sleep in there the rest of the afternoon.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails