"Giving them space to draw and color gives them room to be creative." - Jeannie Fraise, interior designer

Every artist needs a studio, right? A couple of months ago I decided that I wanted to get back into scrapbooking, a hobby that I had in high school and hadn't revisited since. I'd been keeping all of my scrapbooking and crafting supplies in under-the-bed storage bins-- every time I considered getting them out to scrapbook, I'd dread the mess that I was going to be left with. So I transformed a section of our guest bedroom into my own personal little "creative space":



The dresser on the left: Top drawer holds scrapbooking mats and papers. Middle drawer has stationary, mailing supplies and specialized printer paper. Bottom drawer holds typical "school supplies": Binders, folders, notebooks, rulers, etc.

Storage container on the right: Top drawer has standard printer paper, 2nd drawer holds cutting supplies, 3rd drawer stamping stuff, 4th drawer bead & jewelry-making supplies, bottom drawer is a menagerie of random craft supplies (everything from random pieces of cardboard to a glue gun.)


I had a bunch of leftover mason jars from my wedding (I'd used them as vases for the bridesmaids bouquets at the reception), and I found that they were perfect for displaying pencils, markers, pens, scissors, etc. in a useful yet asthetically pleasing way. The small three-drawer storage stacker has glues, adhesives and punches in it. My ribbon is housed in an old container for Dove facial wipes, believe it or not. :-)

Although I've come a long way from dragging my supplies out from under the bed and cluttering up the kitchen table, I still find myself wishing for more space... at night when I can't sleep I dream up my new creative space in our new house...

Well, time to scrapbook! I'm working on page 7 of my wedding album. Happy scrapping!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails